The Director of Institutional Effectiveness is responsible for the oversight and management of university data and reporting that ensures compliance with state, federal, and accreditation standards. This role is responsible for leading assessment and accreditation efforts with the University Leadership, Academic Leadership, and faculty to fulfill assessment initiatives aligned with regional accreditation expectations and leads regional and specialized accreditation activities including ongoing reporting, self-studies, and organization of site visits. The Director will also be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of reporting institutional data through SURDS and IPEDS as well as other external and internal queries. This position will directly manage a team of data analysts and the assessment coordinator. This is a full-time, exempt position that will report to the AVP of Operations. This position will require occassional travel to Colorado.
About Colorado State University Global:
Our Mission: Colorado State University Global is committed to advancing student success in a global society, investing in human capital, expanding the state economy, and enhancing the quality of life for citizens in the state of Colorado and beyond by providing access to dynamic degree programs characterized by academic excellence, innovative delivery technologies, and strong stakeholder engagement. Our Vision: CSU Global is the premier provider of innovative, higher learning opportunities for nontraditional students in Colorado and beyond.
Colorado State University Global (CSU Global) was created by the Colorado State University System Board of Governors in 2007 as the first 100 percent online state university in the United States. CSU Global is focused on facilitating adult success in a global marketplace through career-relevant education including bachelor's degree completion and master's degree programs. Embracing the land grant heritage as part of the Colorado State University System, CSU Global sets the standard for quality and innovation in higher education through its expert faculty trained in working with adults in an online learning environment, and through its dedication to student retention, graduation and workplace success. CSU Global’s student focus requires employees to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment.
Job Duties/Performance Objectives:
Manage efforts to collect, analyze and report the data needed for internal and external requests
• Lead and manage team of data analysts and the assessment coordinator to ensure high operational effectiveness and accountability across the department.
• Coordinate, track and oversee internal and external requests for quantitative and qualitative data including responsibility for IPEDS, SURDS, US News, and other external surveys
• Maintain the CSU Global Campus factbook and be proactive in developing reports and preparing data that support the university mission, and work across departments to develop a process for creating institutional snapshots and maintaining the integrity of the data used for external reporting
• Work with internal stakeholders to prepare report documentation used by BI to develop Tableau reports
• In conjunction with University leadership, prioritize the creation of reports and requests to be developed in Tableau
• Coordinate data collection efforts with external sources when necessary to collect and or verify student data.
Lead regional and specialized accreditation efforts
• Leads HLC accreditation committee to ensure compliance with HLC criterion across the university. Acts as the Assurance System Coordinator and is responsible for uploading any and all finalized requests and reports to the HLC.
• Provide project management for specialized accreditation in conjunction with academic leadership and program faculty
• Supports ongoing teacher licensure requirements reporting and visits for the State of Colorado as needed
• Work collaboratively with the Academic Leadership and faculty to fulfill assessment initiatives aligned with regional accreditation expectations and leads regional and specialized accreditation activities including ongoing reporting, self-studies, and organization of site visits. Additionally, the Director of Assessment and Accreditation works with academic leadership to support program chairs with assessment planning and outcome alignment.
Coordinate and oversee data collection relating to assessment of learning outcomes and the review of academic programs
• Initiate and maintain accountability for academic assessment and institutional effectiveness by coordinating task groups in the development and pursuit of academic assessment activities
• Collaborate with faculty and academic leaders to identify program outcome measures to evaluate student learning.
• Communicate assessment results and provide written reports to faculty and administration as well as other constituencies including regional and programmatic accrediting agencies
• Remain current on assessment research and best practices
• Develop and deliver educational sessions,consultations and materials for faculty and staff on assessment and data analysis to drive curricular planning and evidence-based decision making
• Lead the assessment of third party credit evaluations
Analyzes data across the university and provides recommendations to leadership on areas of opportunity related to assessment, accreditation, and institutional success metrics.
• Work with faculty to identify improvements for programs and courses as a result of assessment activities
• Leads interdepartmental task-forces and/or committees to support continuous improvement efforts for the university
Other duties as assigned.
• Performance Management
• Interpersonal Skills
• Data Management and Analysis
• Verbal Communication
• Written Communication
• Accountability: We are responsible for our own actions, for those of our department, and for our university as we strive to be amazing.
• Problem Solving: We identify solutions to facilitate student and CSU Global success through nontraditional industry methods and progressive solutions that are effective, efficient, and innovative.
• Professionalism: We treat all others as we wish to be treated and as we wish to be defined by others.
• Results Driven: We drive student success in a global society through education, services, and support.
• Teamwork: We don’t just talk about teamwork; we exhibit it in the way that we interact, consult each other, resolve issues, and respect each other’s contributions.
• Work Knowledge: We're a learning organization that is always evolving and is committed to continual improvement.
Experience & Education Requirements:
• Master’s degree degree in educational research, instructional design, education technology, or related field; terminal degree in curriculum, evaluation, assessment or related field preferred
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in student learning assessment, program/course evaluation, and educational research
• Proven ability to work effectively, independently and as a member of a team
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment
Applications will be accepted until an appointment is made. Applications must include resume; cover letter addressing interest and qualifications; names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses for three references. Applications will be held in confidence except for the individuals invited for campus interviews. All applications should be in Microsoft Word format.
Performance assessments are required to help determine the candidate’s ability to perform the duties of the job. The performance assessment will test the candidate’s ability to apply the skills and competencies listed above.
CSU Global offers employer contributions to medical, dental, group life, AD&D coverage, Wellness benefit and training & development opportunities. Additional employee-paid benefits are available for vision, FSA/HSA, voluntary life, and voluntary AD&D coverage, critical illness and accident insurance. CSU Global also offers a 401a retirement account with a generous employer match, 100% tuition assistance for CSU Global programs (Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees), paid sick time, paid vacation time, 10 holidays per year and the potential to work remotely. CSU Global employees are state employees and have access to the Colorado State Employee Assistance Program (C-SEAP) resources. Discounted pet insurance is also available.
The successful candidate must pass a background check.
Colorado State University System is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding affirmative action requirements. In order to assist Colorado State University System in meeting its affirmative action responsibilities, ethnic minorities, women, and other protected class members are encouraged to apply and to also identify themselves.