CSU Global is seeking a Financial Aid Generalist to join our highly dynamic, customer-focused Financial Aid Office, which is dedicated to delivering a seamless student financial aid experience and ensuring that students remain in good financial standing with the University. The Financial Aid Generalist will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service to students, and answering questions about the financial aid process and their specific circumstances. The Financial Aid Generalist will be responsible for working with students primarily through inbound phone, email and chat correspondence to ensure student questions are answered thoroughly and efficiently. Additional outreach to students to support departmental goals and initiatives may be required as needs dictate. The Financial Aid Generalist will work directly with the Financial Aid Advisors and Financial Aid Specialists to ensure that student’s files are complete prior to term drop date. The successful candidate will be highly accountable, results driven, and focused on doing the right thing for students. This is a part-time, non-exempt position. Remote options available. This position reports to the Financial Aid Supervisor.
About Colorado State University Global:
Our Mission: Colorado State University Global is committed to advancing student success in a global society, investing in human capital, expanding the state economy, and enhancing the quality of life for citizens in the state of Colorado and beyond by providing access to dynamic degree programs characterized by academic excellence, innovative delivery technologies, and strong stakeholder engagement. Our Vision: CSU Global is the premier provider of innovative, higher learning opportunities for nontraditional students in Colorado and beyond.
Colorado State University Global (CSU Global) was created by the Colorado State University System Board of Governors in 2007 as the first 100 percent online state university in the United States. CSU Global is focused on facilitating adult success in a global marketplace through career-relevant education including bachelor's degree completion and master's degree programs. Embracing the land grant heritage as part of the Colorado State University System, CSU Global sets the standard for quality and innovation in higher education through its expert faculty trained in working with adults in an online learning environment, and through its dedication to student retention, graduation and workplace success. CSU Global’s student focus requires employees to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment.
Job Duties/Performance Objectives:
• Provide excellent customer service to students and staff
• Accurately respond to incoming emails, chats, and phone calls from students
• Respond to students within 24 hours
• Treat everyone in accordance to the CSU-Global Way
• Meet assigned phone metrics
• Attain 90% phone availability or higher during assigned work hours
• Meet at least a 95% connect rate for all incoming calls
• Review and respond to inquiries in a timely manner
• Respond to all assigned student and staff emails and activities within 24 hours
• Complete work in a timely and accurate manner that adheres to federal, state, and institutional policies and regulations
• Other duties as assigned
• Problem Solving
• Critical Thinking
• Organizational Skills
• Time Management
• Strong Verbal and Written Communication
• Conflict Management
• Intermediate Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat Reader
• Systems Utilization – CampusNexus, RingCentral, Federal Aid Systems (EdConnect, COD, NSLDS, CPS)
• Mission Focused: We drive student success in a global society through education, services, and support.
• Innovative Thinking: We identify solutions to facilitate student and CSU Global success through nontraditional industry methods and progressive solutions that are -effective, efficient, and innovative.
• Accountability: We are responsible for our own actions, for those of our department, and for our university as we strive to be amazing.
• Collaboration: We don't just talk about teamwork; we exhibit it in the way that we interact, consult each other, resolve issues, and respect each other's contributions.
• Learning and Growth: We are a learning organization that is always evolving and is committed to continual improvement.
• Professionalism: We treat all others as we wish to be treated, and as we wish to be defined by others.
Experience & Education Requirements:
• Associates Degree or equivalent (60 Credits) required
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university preferred
• 1-3 Years experience in customer service
• Minimum 1 years experience with Title IV Aid Administration specifically in regards to student eligibility requirements student verification
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Applications will be accepted until an appointment is made. Applications must include: resume; cover letter addressing interest and qualifications; names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses for three references. Applications will be held in confidence except for the individuals invited for campus interviews. All applications should be in Microsoft Word format.
Performance assessments are required to help determine the candidate’s ability to perform the duties of the job. The performance assessment will test the candidate’s ability to apply the skills and competencies listed above.
The successful candidate must pass a background check
Hourly Rate: $15 per hour
Candidate must be available to work up to 20 hours per week
Candidate must be available to work between 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. MST
Colorado State University System is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding affirmative action requirements. In order to assist Colorado State University System in meeting its affirmative action responsibilities, ethnic minorities, women, and other protected class members are encouraged to apply and to also identify themselves.